Do you understand the different types of assets you can invest in and where to place them?
Holding different types of assets in your portfolio is critical to help minimize the downside and for creating an asset allocation that works for your lifestyle. There is no magic calculation to determine the right asset allocation for you, but understanding how you plan to use the money that you’re saving and when you’ll need it will help you determine the right split for your portfolio.
It’s important to understand tax-efficient placement of funds for your portfolio and how to build up towards your desired allocation. CHA-CHING!
Tune In Now!
*** Insider Extras ***
We love our Insiders! Everyone in our Frugal Insider’s Club will receive:
- Entry into our monthly book giveaway.
- Insider-only special offers, like a discount on any Early Retirement Roadmap package.
- Recommended resources that Kevin and Sean use in their own lives
- Insider-only articles outside of what we have time for on the podcast.
- Priority on questions about your situation and case studies.
- Entry into our Christmas Gift of Frugalness including a HD Antenna, an Amazon Fire Stick, Gift Cards, Books and much more!
- JOIN THE CLUB!
- Listener Question: Cloud services for backing up files on your computer.
- People do what they know how to do, which may not always be the best advice for you.
- Your life situation is unique and you need to understand your own risk appetite.
- Taking calculated risk, not making (bad) decisions on the fly.
- 60% of millennials don’t trust the financial markets.
- Peter Mallouk from Creative Planning provides some first-hand investment management advice for your portfolio.
- Weathering storms for the recovery after.
- Investing when the stock market is on sale.
- Understanding the different types of asset classes to diversify your portfolio with: Stocks, Bonds, Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), Private Equity Funds, Master Limited Partnerships (MLPs).
- Avoiding Gold and Hedge Funds.
- Tax-Inefficiencies of non-liquid alternative investment assets/collections.
- Sean’s Pokemon Cards & Kevin’s Baseball Cards.
- Determining the right mix of assets for your portfolio after understanding what you’re saving for in the first place.
- Japan still has not recovered from it’s 1989 all-time high.
- Peter’s Rule of Seven: Having 7 years worth of expenses in income-producing assets for your portfolio.
- Sean shares his 4-fund portfolio and asset allocation split.
- Re-balancing your portfolio with new savings to get assets at a discount.
- Working towards your desired asset allocation from a low balance.
- Looking at your asset allocation across your whole, combined portfolio, not separate asset allocations.
- Knowing what accounts to place certain assets in for for tax-advantages.
- Unshakeable by Tony Robbins
- Amazon Prime Music
- Japan Asset Price Bubble
- 2FD 032: The Psychology of Investing
- 2FD 025: Unshakeable Book Study Part 5
- 2FD 024: Unshakeable Book Study Part 4
- 2FD 023: Unshakeable Book Study Part 3
- 2FD 022: Unshakeable Book Study Part 2
- 2FD 020: Unshakeable Book Study Part 1
- 2FD 049: Alternative Investments For Your Portfolio
Like The Show?
There are two ways to rate us on iTunes:
1. By Computer – Go here and click the “View in iTunes” button.
– This will open our podcast within the iTunes application on your computer. You may have to install iTunes if you don’t have ti already.
– Once you see our podcast, click the “Ratings and Reviews” tab and then the “Write a Review” button.
– Here’s a video if you need help.
2. By iPhone/iPad – Open the “Podcasts” application (or install it) and search for “2 frugal dudes”
– Click on our podcast, go to the “Reviews” tab and click “Write a Review.”
– Here’s a video if you need help.
Reviewing our podcast on iTunes also boosts your chances for the Christmas Gift of Frugalness by 5 times! That’s right, anyone that rates us gets their name put into the hat five more times! Thank you for being a valued listener and we look forward to taking the show even further!
The Early Retirement Roadmap
Get your FREE chapter of Sean’s book The Early Retirement Roadmap to see how you can obtain financial freedom, FASTER!
Thanks to http://www.bensound.com/ for the music used in the show.