Kristen, A.K.A. The Frugal Girl has joined us once again to share her experience from both being homeschooled herself and now homeschooling her own four children.
This super-mom’s oldest child just recently graduated and she has decades of homeschooling wisdom to pour on us. The best thing is how pragmatic she is in her approach, learning about what works for her family and how important it is for you to do the same to figure out if homeschooling is right for you.
She answers the common questions people get hung up on about homeschooling and gives us some great tips if you’re trying to figure out how to get started. CHA-CHING!
Tune In Now!
*** Insider Extras ***
We love our Insiders! Everyone in our Frugal Insider’s Club will receive:
- Entry into our monthly book giveaway.
- Insider-only special offers, like a discount on any Early Retirement Roadmap package.
- Recommended resources that Kevin and Sean use in their own lives
- Insider-only articles outside of what we have time for on the podcast.
- Priority on questions about your situation and case studies.
- Entry into our Christmas Gift of Frugalness including a HD Antenna, an Amazon Fire Stick, Gift Cards, Books and much more!
- JOIN THE CLUB!
- Kristen is a 2nd generation homeschooler, being homeschooled herself and now homeschooling her own kids.
- Options when your kids are curious about public school.
- Creating the schedule flexibility that works for your life.
- The freedom to customize the education for your children’s needs.
- Homeschooling provides the ability to encourage learning independence.
- Low teacher to student ratio.
- Homeschooling doesn’t really work without a parent that can be present.
- How socializing is totally possibly while homeschooling.
- Prom can still be a thing!
- Homeschooling doesn’t mean you have to be a hermit.
- Parent and Teacher are not two different hats that you have to wear.
- How to pick a curriculum that works for your kids.
- Finding other homeschooling parents that you can bounce ideas off of and plan events with.
- Why parent involvement is important no matter if you homeschool or send your children to a public or private school.
- How to get started with homeschooling.
- Understanding your county’s homeschooling rules and resources.
- What to not waste your time on when getting started with homeschooling.
- A good age to officially start your children with homeschooling.
- Frugal Tip of The Week: Finding an enclosed trailer on Craigslist to move for free!
- The Frugal Girl Blog
- The Frugal Girl Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest | Twitter
- The Charlotte Mason Method
- Why Kristen homeschools Her Children
- Homeschooling and Efficiency
- A Day in The Life of The Frugal Girl (Homeschool Edition)
- How to motivate homeschooled kids
- Kristen’s childhood homeschooling
- The downside of homeschooling
- Homeschooling socialization
- Photographic peek into Kristen’s homeschooling
- 2FD 031: Setting Up Your Frugal Kitchen With The Frugal Girl
- 2FD 033: Taking the Frugal Leap with Mrs. Frugalwoods
- 2FD 010: All About Kids with Our Guest Erik Olson
- 2FD 043: Things to Consider About a College Education
Like The Show?
There are two ways to rate us on iTunes:
1. By Computer – Go here and click the “View in iTunes” button.
– This will open our podcast within the iTunes application on your computer. You may have to install iTunes if you don’t have ti already.
– Once you see our podcast, click the “Ratings and Reviews” tab and then the “Write a Review” button.
– Here’s a video if you need help.
2. By iPhone/iPad – Open the “Podcasts” application (or install it) and search for “2 frugal dudes”
– Click on our podcast, go to the “Reviews” tab and click “Write a Review.”
– Here’s a video if you need help.
Reviewing our podcast on iTunes also boosts your chances for the Christmas Gift of Frugalness by 5 times! That’s right, anyone that rates us gets their name put into the hat five more times! Thank you for being a valued listener and we look forward to taking the show even further!
The Early Retirement Roadmap
Get your FREE chapter of Sean’s book The Early Retirement Roadmap to see how you can obtain financial freedom, FASTER!
Thanks to http://www.bensound.com/ for the music used in the show.