Do you understand what exactly your financial advisor is doing for you and how they get paid?
Tony Robbins sheds some light on the requirements of financial advisors and the difference between the two types. 90% of advisors are brokers that earn commissions based on sales and special interests could be influencing your portfolio.
Even though we hope financial advisors are working hard for our money, sometimes profits and sales metrics can get in the way. CHA-CHING!
Tune In Now!
*** Insider Extras ***
We love our Insiders! Everyone in our Frugal Insider’s Club will receive:
- Entry into our monthly book giveaway.
- Insider-only special offers, like a discount on any Early Retirement Roadmap package.
- Recommended resources that Kevin and Sean use in their own lives
- Insider-only articles outside of what we have time for on the podcast.
- Priority on questions about your situation and case studies.
- Entry into our Christmas Gift of Frugalness including a HD Antenna, an Amazon Fire Stick, Gift Cards, Books and much more!
- JOIN THE CLUB!
- Managing your kid’s screen time on electronics.
- Who can you really trust with your money?
- Most advisors out there are receiving commissions on the investments and insurance they sell you.
- Knowing the difference between a fiduciary advisor and a broker.
- Where an advisor could save you if you want to be hands off.
- The money you’re missing out on with target date funds.
- Avoid investing in your own company’s stock.
- Legal requirements only require minimal “suitable” standards for advisors. There is no legal fiduciary obligation to act in your best interest.
- Pure Registered Investment Advisors (RIA) have a fiduciary responsibility and only ~5,000 of the ~310,000 advisors (<1.6%) out there aren’t duel RIA/Broker advisors.
- Finding an advisor that understands your whole life picture.
- A fiduciary will setup a third-party brokerage account for you that follows with you after you leave them.
- Ask your advisor for their retirement plan.
- The questions to ask a potential financial advisor.
- Shopping around for financial advisors.
- 2FD 032: The Psychology of Investing
- 2FD 026: Unshakeable Book Study Part 6
- 2FD 025: Unshakeable Book Study Part 5
- 2FD 023: Unshakeable Book Study Part 3
- 2FD 022: Unshakeable Book Study Part 2
- 2FD 020: Unshakeable Book Study Part 1
Like The Show?
There are two ways to rate us on iTunes:
1. By Computer – Go here and click the “View in iTunes” button.
– This will open our podcast within the iTunes application on your computer. You may have to install iTunes if you don’t have ti already.
– Once you see our podcast, click the “Ratings and Reviews” tab and then the “Write a Review” button.
– Here’s a video if you need help.
2. By iPhone/iPad – Open the “Podcasts” application (or install it) and search for “2 frugal dudes”
– Click on our podcast, go to the “Reviews” tab and click “Write a Review.”
– Here’s a video if you need help.
Reviewing our podcast on iTunes also boosts your chances for the Christmas Gift of Frugalness by 5 times! That’s right, anyone that rates us gets their name put into the hat five more times! Thank you for being a valued listener and we look forward to taking the show even further!
The Early Retirement Roadmap
Get your FREE chapter of Sean’s book The Early Retirement Roadmap to see how you can obtain financial freedom, FASTER!
Thanks to http://www.bensound.com/ for the music used in the show.